How To Use A Face Wash
Most visible indications of skin aging originate from environmental aggressors. The good news is you can fight back. The condition, appearance, and long-term wellness of your complexion is determined from how well you take care your skin. So, if you are looking to step-up your skin care game, proper cleansing is the ideal place to start.
A gentle facial cleanser, like the Russell Organics Gentle Face Wash, frees skin of dead surface cells, cosmetics and make-up, excess oil, bacteria and nasty pore-clogging debris, letting the skin breathe. The crucial first step to any beauty routine is cleansing. Cleansing revs-up your skin’s circulation to enhance radiance, and prepares it to receive the full benefits of the treatments that follow.
While using a face wash might seem straightforward, cleansing incorrectly may cause excessive dryness, oiliness, even breakouts. Here is what to know: cleaning your skin more than twice a day can strip your complexion of its natural oils resulting in tightness; not cleansing frequently enough can lead to a build-up of oil and debris, resulting in clogged pores, blackheads and blemishes.
Which cleanser is right for me?
Russell Organics has a range of face cleansers for every skin type and desired texture. From our Milky Gentle Face Wash for all skin types, to our Refining Face Wash gel cleanser for oily and combination skin types, to our Soapberry Face Wash foaming gel wash for all skin types, we have you covered. Choosing the right face wash for your skin type is the key to maintaining a healthy-looking, radiant complexion.
How to apply a face wash:
- Prior to washing your face, wash your hands to avoid exposing your skin to additional bacteria, dirt and debris.
- Remove eye makeup. Russell Organics sells a wide range of products that are excellent for removing make-up; from our beauty oils to our Coconut Oil Balm. Each dissolves long-wearing and waterproof formulas.
- Dampen the skin before applying any face wash. Apply a dime sized amount of face wash to the palm of a hand and gently work the cleanser in a circular motion with drops of water. Next apply the face wash to the damp skin in gentle circular motions.
- Distribute the face wash evenly over your face and neck.
- Finish with gentle circular motions all over your face and neck.
- Splash with room temperature water and pat dry. Water that is too hot or too cold can irritate the skin.
- Follow with the Russell Organics Phyto Toner for your skin type.
Russell Organics face wash tip:
Mass market bar soaps will strip the complexion of natural oils, drying and damaging it over time.
- Tags: face wash
- Richard Russell